Listening to the Soul through Journaling: Workshop with Susan Tiberghien
I did not know that I am your vessel, empty without you but brimming over with you.
- C.G. Jung speaking to his soul, The Red Book, p. 237
Soul is calling out to us. Are we listening?
Our world is in turmoil.
We hunger for moments of rest, candlelight, Mozart, wild flowers, friendship.
We long for soulfulness.
The workshop will have 3 parts, with time for reflection and writing:
1. How do we see the soul? From Plato to Hildegard, to CG Jung, we will look at how the soul has been understood and befriended.
2. How do we listen to the soul? We will turn to the practice of journaling. Jung saw our journals as our chapels, the silent places of our souls.
3. How do we share the light of our soul? Clarissa Pinkola Estes and Thomas Moore will encourage us as we take a place in the world around us.
Listening Within through Spontaneous Drawing: Workshop with Patricia Elwood
The wealth of the soul exists in images.
- C.G. Jung, Liber Novus, p. p.232.
If your creative force now turns to the place of the soul, you will see how your soul becomes green and how its field bears wonderful fruit.
- C.G. Jung, Liber Novus, p. 210
This is an experiential and exploratory workshop which covers some of the basics of Jung’s structure and dynamics of the psyche.
In a Spontaneous Drawing workshop, we learn to:
- contact the spontaneous symbol forming part of our own psyches, as Jung did himself.
- connect with the flow of psychic energy within, and
- through experience with symbolism, we come to trust the power of the symbolic images which emerge.
Please bring paper and drawing materials: pencils, crayons, felt-tips, or any medium you enjoy.